Farmers Market Pre-OrdersMarch 19, 2020
Reduced Operations at Detour Lake MineMarch 23, 2020
Chief & Council has been meeting regularly over the past week and continues to stay on top of the situation with COVID-19 (coronavirus) and has been consulting with the Community Pandemic Emergency Operations Team.
Chief & Council continue to strongly recommend the following as reminders to you and your family:
- Do not travel for any reason at this time other than for family emergencies.
- Do not gather in large groups, including family gatherings in homes.
- Do not cough or sneeze into your hands but instead use a Kleenex or into your sleeve.
- Wash your hands frequently for 20 seconds using hot water and soap or use hand sanitizer. Please ensure children in your home are doing so as well.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched items such as doorknobs, tables, toys, remote controls and cellphones.
- Practice social distancing when out in the community such as when out buying groceries. Try to keep at least 6 ft. between yourself and other people.
- If you are returning to Moose Factory from travel after March Break or other reasons, please self-isolate in your home for 14 days.
- If you have questions or feel that you or someone you know is showing symptoms of the virus, please call the Moose Factory Health Centre at 705-658-4220 and ask to speak to one of the nurses: Rita Lazarus, Cheryl Moore, or Christina Linklater.
- Telehealth Ontario is another good source for accurate information about COVID-19. You can speak to a nurse there by calling their toll-free number 24/7 at 1-866-797-0000.
Please continue to take care of yourself and take care of each other.
Chief & Council
Moose Cree First Nation