Sound financial management and accountability.
The role of the Finance program is to provide support services to meet the needs of programs and services offered by Moose Cree First Nation by maintaining and monitoring budgets, ensuring sound financial management and control, and accountability to the Chief and Council, membership, and funding agencies.
- Financial accounting and reporting
- General Ledger
- Accounts payable – General and Social Assistance
- Accounts receivable
- Purchase Orders and travel
- Annual amendments of Financial Policies and Procedures
- Completion of annual Financial Audit
- Annual renewal of organizational insurance policy
- Collections strategy
- Administration of Ontario First Nation Limited Partnership funds
- Administration of all organizational Funding Agreements
- Cash and Investment management
Moose Cree First Nation accepts applications for Ontario First Nation Limited Partnership (OFNLP) funds every June and November. The purpose of the OFNLP funds is for Ontario First Nations to allocate funds for capital and/or operating expenditures, with the exception of salaries and consultant fees, in the following five areas:
i) Community Development
iv) Economic Development
v) Cultural Development
The Finance and Administration Committee is responsible for overseeing funds received from the Ontario First Nations Limited Partnership (OFNLP) Agreement.