Spring Harvesters Subsidy Program
Reconnect with the land.
Moose Cree First Nation understands the importance of getting out on the land. It is a time to harvest traditional food and reconnect with nature. With this in mind, we are pleased to offer the Harvesters Subsidy Program every spring and fall harvesting season. This subsidy assists with costs of travelling to camp, but is not intended to cover other expenses.
Spring 2023 Applications
Applications were due April 11th @ 11:59 pm
- We are accepting applications ONLINE ONLY.
- Applicants must be 18 years and older to apply for assistance.
- Please assist those who may not have access to a smartphone or computer. Elders or those without computer access may call the Harvesters Support Program (HSP) Coordinator and apply over the phone at 705-363-0698.
Program subsidy allocations will consist of the following:
- Helicopter assistance for approved applicants will receive 100% to camp and back at a 6-seater rate. If a 2nd application is received from another applicant from the same address, it will be reviewed for eligibility.
- Gas assistance will be provided as a reimbursement up to a maximum of 116.25 litres. To receive reimbursement, an approved application is required, and receipts must be submitted. Please ensure all your receipts have the date of purchase, cost per litre and total litres to avoid any delays. Receipts dated prior to March 28th will not be accepted.
- ONR train assistance will be a reimbursement process. To receive reimbursement, an approved application is required. Please ensure you submit your correct receipts to avoid delays for reimbursement. Receipts dated prior to March 28th will not be accepted.
Program implementation guidelines will consist of the following:
- The HSP will be allocating six-seater helicopter assistance to approved applicants. Any upgrade to the A-star helicopter will be at the applicant’s expense and is not the responsibility of the Harvesters Subsidy Program.
- One helicopter assistance application is provided per family unit
- The applicant must be a passenger on the helicopter camp flight
- Please provide a direct deposit form with your receipts when submitting for reimbursement if you are not already set-up at MCFN finance department to avoid any delays in reimbursement.
Notification letters will be e-mailed. Those without an email address will receive a printed letter by mail. Please call 705-363-0698 for application updates.
For more information about the Harvesters Subsidy Program, or for application assistance, please contact:
Interim Harvesters Subsidy Program Coordinator