NAPS Report for September 2020October 7, 2020
Thanksgiving Message from Deputy Chief Earl CheechooOctober 9, 2020
By-Law 1609 has updated. Changes to Emergency Preventative Measures are:
1. A mandatory 11:00 pm to 6:00 am curfew for all residents of Moose Factory Island will remain in effect as of October 7, 2020. Exemptions will be made only for those attending work, in need of medical care and for those participating in traditional harvesting.
4. Exemptions to #3 include family medical emergencies, when in contact with family members from another household ensure masks or face coverings and physical distancing is practiced.
5. Exemptions to #3 also include funerals, which are limited to members of the immediate family. Masks or face coverings and physical distancing is required at funerals.
6. All funerals in Moose Factory Island must be held at either the Cree Cultural Interpretive Centre or adjacent to the graveyard at St. Thomas Anglican Church.
14. All schools in Moose Factory Island are exempted from this By-law, as long as safety measures approved by the PEOT are implemented.
As per Council Motion #2020-07-228 passed on October 7, 2020, this bylaw will remain in force for an additional twenty days to October 27, 2020, unless that time period is extended or abridged by resolution of Council.
View PDF copy of By-Law (changes are marked in yellow)