Update to By-Law 1609September 18, 2020
Fall 2020 Harvesters Subsidy ProgramSeptember 26, 2020
Statement from Chief Mervin Cheechoo
September 21, 2020
This morning I was informed by the Porcupine Health Unit and Weeneebayko Area Health Authority that there is a third confirmed case of Covid-19 in Moose Factory Island.
There are now three confirmed, active cases of Covid-19 in Moose Factory Island.
The Moose Factory Health Centre has now started an investigation into the third case, including contact tracing.
A meeting of the Moose Factory Pandemic Emergency Operations Team (PEOT) will be held at 1:00 pm today regarding this situation and if additional safety measures are required for Moose Factory Island. Following that meeting, members of the PEOT will meet with Chief & Council to give them an update and discuss the situation.
Please continue following these recommendations:
- Stay home as much as possible. Do not have visitors at your home, including relatives.
- Monitor yourself for Covid-19 symptoms in the coming days.
- Wear a mask when you must leave your home, ensure it covers your mouth and nose
- Have one person from your household do the grocery shopping.
- Frequently wash your hands and use hand sanitizer.
- Physical distancing is very important – when you have to leave your home try to stay at least six feet away from those who do not live in your household.
I urge everyone to remain calm and to strictly follow the above recommendations.
Should you begin to have COVID-19 symptoms, please call the Moose Factory Health Centre at 705-658-4220.
I would like to thank all those community members that have been following the safety recommendations from the PEOT, especially the temporary curfew. We know this curfew is an inconvenience and it may even seem harsh, but we feel it is a very important part of our effort to prevent additional confirmed cases.
We will get through this together if we all do our part to prevent more confirmed cases.