Important Updates to By-Law 1609September 12, 2020
Update to By-Law 1609September 18, 2020
Statement from Chief Mervin Cheechoo
September 18, 2020
I have been informed by the Porcupine Health Unit and Weeneebayko Area Health Authority that there is a second confirmed case of Covid-19 in Moose Factory Island.
There are now two confirmed, active cases of Covid-19 in Moose Factory Island.
The Moose Factory Health Centre has now started an investigation into the second case, including contact tracing.
A meeting of the Moose Factory Pandemic Emergency Operations Team (PEOT) will be held at 1:00 pm today regarding this situation and if additional safety measures are required for Moose Factory Island. Following that meeting, members of the PEOT will meet with Chief & Council to give them an update and discuss the situation.
Please continue following these recommendations:
- Stay home as much as possible. Do not have visitors at your home.
- Monitor yourself for Covid-19 symptoms in the coming days.
- Wear a mask when you must leave your home, ensure it covers your mouth and nose.
- Have one person from your household do the grocery shopping.
- Frequently wash your hands and use hand sanitizer.
- Physical distancing is very important – when you have to leave your home try to stay at least six feet away from those who do not live in your household.
I urge everyone to remain calm and to strictly follow the above recommendations. Should you begin to have COVID-19 symptoms, please call the Moose Factory Health Centre at 705.658.4220.
I will be releasing another statement later today that will include more information.
It has been good to see how the entire community of Moose Factory Island has come together in unity during these challenging times. I urge you all to stay calm and to continue to show kindness and support to each other.
We will get through this together.