Regular Membership MeetingApril 27, 2021
Two Active Cases of COVID-19 in Moose FactoryMay 4, 2021
Statement from Chief Mervin Cheechoo
May 3, 2021
I have been informed by the Porcupine Health Unit and Weeneebayko Area Health Authority that there is one new confirmed case of COVID-19 in Moose Factory Island.
Moose Factory Public Health have confirmed that the individual is now in isolation, please keep this person in your thoughts and prayers. Contact tracing and investigation is ongoing at this time.
Please remember that if you have not been contacted by Public Health it means that it is unlikely that you have been in close contact with the individual with the confirmed case.
The Pandemic Emergency Operations Team (PEOT) continues to advise the following for everyone in Moose Factory Island:
- Stay home as much as possible. Do not have visitors at your home.
- Monitor yourself for COVID-19 symptoms in the coming days.
- Wear a mask when you must leave your home.
- Have one person from your household do the grocery shopping.
- Frequently wash your hands and use hand sanitizer.
- Maintain physical distance – when you have to leave your home try to stay at least six feet away from those who do not live in your household.
We will continue to monitor this situation in the coming days. I urge everyone to remain calm and to strictly follow the above recommendations and the Pandemic Bylaw.
Should you begin to have COVID-19 symptoms, no matter how mild, please call the Moose Factory Health Centre at 705-658-4220.
More information will be provided in the coming days. Please continue to take care of yourselves and take care of each other.