Statement Regarding the Reinstatement of Polar Bear Express Train ServiceJune 10, 2020
CCP Youth Career EssayJune 15, 2020
Advanced notice for requirements to boarding the Niska 1 Ferry
Service start date has not yet been announced for the 2020 season, but will be made available soon.
In light of the current COVID-19 pandemic restrictions and guidelines, the Niska will operate as follows:
- As per Transport Canada Bulletin 12/2020 issued on 2020/-04-17 for essential Passenger vessels that carry more than 12 passengers, and in consultation with the Moose Cree Pandemic Emergency Operations Team and Owen Sound Transportation Company (the owner) the following shall be implemented
- Niska 1 Ferry will make every reasonable effort to implement and put in place measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- The maximum number of passengers on board will be set at 50% (vessel is certified for 47 passengers, therefore total passengers allowed will be 24 including crew)
- Passengers must always remain in their vehicle; under no circumstances shall individuals leave their vehicle while on board. Failure to do so will result in being banned on the vessel in the future.
- Passengers must have face masks for protection of self and crew while on board. (Must provide own masks)
- No walk on passengers permitted.
- No ATV’s or similar vehicles will be permitted.
- All passengers shall follow Public Health Agency of Canada guidelines related to COVID-19
- Hand sanitizer shall be readily available for crew and passengers• Social Distancing Measures to be applied by crews while on board.
The above is intended to protect the safety of the crew and passengers, to minimize the risk to both communities while recognizing the importance of accessing certain day to day services. We apologize for the inconvenience these restrictions may cause. Thank you in advance for your cooperation during this pandemic.
For Further information please contact:
Peter Wesley, Director of Properties