Status Cards in TimminsJanuary 17, 2023
Special Membership MeetingJanuary 20, 2023
Wetum Road 2023 Update #3
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2023
Overview: A projected opening date is still not available at this time. Slow freezing of crossings is delaying progress.
- Crews have reached km 85 (halfway) and have begun to widen, pack, and flood creeks crossings from km 85 back to the North French River.
- North French River to South Bluff has been widened and creeks are to be flooded
- km 0 to South Bluff has been widened and creeks are to be flooded
- Crossings are taking longer to freeze than usual and has been delaying progress
- Crews have reached km 85 (halfway) and will continue to widen, drag, and flood crossings to Big Cedar
- Dragging continues from Big Cedar to km 30 (Abitibi River crossing)
- Dragging also continues from km 0 to km 30 (Abitibi River crossing)
- As with the north end crew, slow freezing of crossings is delaying progress
We will continue to provide updates as they are received! Thank you for your patience.