Zoom with Chief & CouncilNovember 12, 2020
Expedition Freeze-Up 2020 ScheduleNovember 17, 2020
The Lands & Resources department is now accepting applications for the 2020 / 2021 trapping season.
Apply by Friday, December 4th, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
Program subsidy allocations will consist of the following:
- Chopper Assistance (Elders Only): Elders 60 and over receive 100% of a return helicopter flight to camp (trap line) at a 6-seater rate
- Trappers will be eligible to receive up to 410 litres (90 gallons) for the 2020/21 trapping season
Program implementation guidelines will consist of the following:
- Approved assistance is non-transferable
- One helicopter assistance application (Elders only) is provided per family unit if required
- The applicant must be a passenger on the helicopter camp flight
- Gas assistance will be provided as a reimbursement up to a maximum of 410 litres (90 gallons) per eligible applicant. To receive reimbursement, an approved application is required, and receipts must be submitted. Please ensure all your receipts have the date of purchase, cost per liter and total liters to avoid any delays. Receipts dated prior to November 11th will not be accepted.
- A valid 2020/21 fur harvesters license is required before any reimbursement will be issued.
- Please provide a direct deposit form with your receipts when submitting for reimbursement if you are not already set-up at MCFN finance department
In planning your harvesting activities and to ensure the health and safety of yourself, your family and others, please refer to the emergency preventive measures outline in the community by-law.
Consider adjusting plans if you experience any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19. Emergency response times may be delayed due to weather, time of day or other conditions.
Due to social distancing restrictions, notification letters will not be mailed. Please call 705-363-0698 for application updates.