Finance Administrative Assistant
Competition # 23-23
Job Location: Moose Cree First Nation, Moose Factory, Ontario
Under the general supervision of the Manager of Finance, the Finance Administrative Assistant shall be responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the finance department. The incumbent shall be responsible for the overall coordination of the finance office as it relates to administrative work; maintaining filing systems; processing confidential documents; performing financial tasks; assisting other finance staff; any other related duties as required. They must comply with the financial regulations and policies as set out by Moose Cree First Nation.
- Successful completion of Grade 12 and/or College level courses or an acceptable combination of education and work experience.
- Experience in the office related environment of at least two (2) years.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of filing management systems.
- Ability to operate computers and office equipment.
- Knowledge of or willing to learn the Sage Accpac modules relating to travel, accounts receivable, accounts payable and general ledger.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Knowledge of Finance is an asset.
- Valid “G” or “G2” driver’s license is an asset.
- Ability to communicate in the Cree Language is an asset.
- Must provide a recent C.P.I.C or proof of application.
- Must provide copy of diplomas and/or certificates with application.
Salary: $47,775.00 – $60,528.00 Duration: Permanent with 3 months’ probation
To apply: Submit cover letter, resume and two (2) recent employment references with permission to contact, quoting competition # 23-23.
Submit application to: Human Resources Generalist Fax: (705) 658-4734
Moose Cree First Nation Email: [email protected]
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Deadline for Application: Friday, April 7th, 2023, at 11:59PM
Job Description: Available Upon Request
Those applying are requested to submit proof of their educational (photocopies) qualifications along with the job application.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted*
*Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting your application via e-mail or hand-in at Main Reception*
As MCFN is a First Nation organization preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing any accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that the required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employee will be used only for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.