Registered Practical Nurse
Job Location: Moose Factory, ON
The Registered Practical Nurse, under the direction of the Home Care Coordinator, establishes, monitors, and delivers nursing care to the clients as directed by the nursing care plan and in accordance with all required internal and external professional practices standards. Within the scope of practice, the RPN promotes health, assesses, and provides care and treatment by supportive, preventative, therapeutic, palliative, and rehabilitative means to attain or maintain optimal function for the client.
- Current registration and in good standing with College of Nurses of Ontario with medication certificate.
- Experienced registered practical nurse.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge in nursing role and enhances scope.
- Strong knowledge of practice and regulations.
- Adheres to the Standard of Practice with the College of Nurses.
- Certified in I.V Therapy and Venipuncture and will obtain within 3 months.
- Mandatory certification in CPR.
- Excellent in oral and written communication.
- Provide professional nursing care to clients.
- Plan, carry out, and evaluate nursing care.
- Computer programming education an asset or willing to obtain.
- Good Computer skills an asset.
- Must be punctual, reliable and have effective interpersonal relationships.
- Exercise judgement in meeting patient needs.
- Maintain and enhance knowledge of practice and regulations.
- Other specialized nursing duties maybe required.
- Available to work weekends or after-hours as required.
- Experience in gerontology is an asset.
- Current Driver’s License.
- The ability to speak and understand the Cree is an asset.
- Letter of offer will be conditional on a satisfactory C.P.I.C.
- Copy of certificates/diplomas to be submitted with resume.
Salary: As per salary grid / negotiable Duration: Permanent with 3-months’ probation
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact, quoting competition # 22-49.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Friday, September 23, 2022 @ 11:59p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
Those applying are requested to submit photocopies of their educational qualifications along with the job application.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing any accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that the required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employee will be used only for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.