Job Location: Moose Factory, ON
Under the general supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, the plumber is responsible for installing, repairing, and maintaining pipes, fixtures and other plumbing materials and equipment used for water distribution and wastewater disposal in residential, commercial or industrial buildings with the Housing Department and occasional assistance with Public Works.
- Journey Person Certification
- Minimum (4) four years experience in the plumbing field as an apprentice or Journey Person
- HVAC Experience considered an Asset
- Red Seal Certification considered an asset
- In depth working knowledge of the Plumbing Code of Canada
- General knowledge on the practical application of plumbing, electrical and mechanical principles
- Ability to read, apply and understand related laws, regulations, policies, and codes of the plumbing trade
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal skills
- Good computer knowledge
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must provide a recent satisfactory C.P.I.C. or proof of application
- Ability to speak Cree language considered an asset
- Valid class “G” drivers license or willing to obtain within a reason period
- Credentials required: degree/diploma/certificates (please attach proof of the same)
- Criminal record check clearance is required prior to hiring
Salary: As per salary grid
Duration: Permanent with three-months’ probation
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact, quoting competition # 22-59.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Open until filled
Job Description: Available Upon Request
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail or dropping off at main reception.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization, preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employer will be used solely for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.