Personal Support Worker
Job Location: Moose Factory, ON
Under the general supervision of the Home Care Coordinator and Home Support Lead, the Personal Support Worker (PSW) will focus on providing optimal support of client’s activities of daily living and care required to manage diverse medical conditions. Additional care can be delegated with the collaboration with the Registered Healthcare Professional as needed and when it can be performed.
- Current Personal Support Worker Certificate from a Community College or an Accredited PSW (Personal Support Worker) Education Program.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in the health care field.
- Current certification or willing to obtain within the prescribed period for the following
- CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) and First Aid
- Save Your Back
- Glucometer/Continuous glucose monitoring.
- Hand washing
- CPI-Non-violent Crisis Intervention.
- Food Handling.
- Privacy and Confidentiality.
- Other related certificates in the Home Care Setting.
- Demonstrates leadership and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have computer skills and perform documentation on program.
- Ability to speak and understand the Cree language an asset.
- Work flexible hours and / or during power outages as required.
- Class “G” Driver’s License, a definite asset.
- Provide copies of certificates, diplomas/degrees along with submitted resume
- Criminal record check including Vulnerable Sector clearance is required prior to hiring
Salary: As per salary grid
Duration: One-Year term with the possibility of extension
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact, quoting competition # 22-68.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Tuesday, November 22nd, 2022 @ 11:59 p.m.
Job Description: Available Upon Request
Applicants are asked to include copies of their educational qualifications along with their application.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail or dropping off at main reception.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization, preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employer will be used solely for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.