Home Visiting Registered Nurse
Job Location: Moose Cree First Nation, Moose Factory, Ontario
The Home Visiting Registered Nurse, under the direction of the Home Health Coordinator, establishes, monitors and delivers nursing care to clients as directed by the nursing care plan and in accordance with all required internal and external professional practices standards. As required, s/he provides support and direction to the Licensed/Registered Practical Nurse and unlicensed staff involved in direct client care. Within the scope of practice, the RN promotes health, assesses and provides care and treatment by supportive, preventative, therapeutic, palliative and rehabilitative means to attain or maintain optimal function for the client.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario and Registered Nurses Association of Ontario with Legal Assistance Program, yearly and thereafter.
- Certified in I.V Therapy and Venipuncture or willing to obtain within 3 months of hire.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification.
- Available to work weekends and after hours as required.
- Experience in gerontology is an asset
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations in an objective manner.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple functions and tasks.
- Must have a Valid Class “G” Driver’s License.
- The ability to speak and understand the Cree language is an asset.
- Must provide a recent satisfactory C.P.I.C or proof of application.
- Copy of certificates/diplomas to be submitted with resume.
Salary: As per salary grid Duration: Permanent with 6 months’ probation
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Friday, August 9, 2019 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted*