Home Visiting Registered Nurse
Competition #23-66 (3rd Posting)
Job Location: Moose Factory, ON
The Home Visiting Registered Nurse under the direction of the Home Care Coordinator, establishes, monitors, and delivers nursing care to clients as directed by the nursing care plan and in accordance with all required internal and external professional practices standards. Within the scope of practice, the RN promotes health, assesses, and provides care and treatment by supportive, preventative, therapeutic, palliative, and rehabilitative means to attain or maintain optimal function for the client.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario and Registered Nurses Association of Ontario with Legal Assistant Program, yearly and thereafter.
- Certified in I.V. Therapy and Venipuncture or willing to obtain within 3 months of hire.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification.
- Available to work weekends and after-hours as required.
- Experience in gerontology is an asset.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations in an objective manner.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple functions and tasks.
- Valid Class “G” Driver’s License.
- The ability to speak and understand the Cree language is an asset.
- Must provide a recent satisfactory C.P.I.C. or proof of application.
- Copy of certifications/diploma to be submitted with resume.
Salary: $76,167.00 – $102,355.50
Duration: Permanent with 3 months probation
To apply: Submit cover letter, resume, and two (2) recent employment references with permission to contact, quoting competition #23-66
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Monday, September 25th, 2023 @ 11:59 p.m.
Job Description: Available Upon Request
Applicants are asked to include copies of their educational qualifications along with their resume.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail or dropping off at main reception.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization, preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employer will be used solely for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.