Community Super Case Worker
Competition #23-80 (3rd Posting)
Job Location: Moose Factory, ON
Under the direction of the Director of Social Assistance, the Case Worker will manage and assume responsibility for an assigned Social Assistance caseload. Provide a multi-functional service to individuals and families by counseling and guidance in all aspects of family living such as: employment, education, financing, health, housing, childcare and other Ministry of Community and Social Services programs, as required by the Moose Cree First Nation. The Case Worker shall assist the Director of Social Assistance carry out duties within the Ontario Works Act and Regulations. The Case Worker shall be responsible for planning, implementing, maintaining and managing various projects/programs while working with Social Assistance clients exclusively.
- University or College Diploma in Social Work/Human Services with one (1) year experience in Social Assistance or related Human Services or; Ontario Secondary School Diploma or Equivalent with three (3) years’ experience in social assistance or related employment field.
- Knowledge and experience with basic accounting
- Working knowledge of applicable legislated acts in social services – Ontario Works Regulations and Directives
- Excellent Communication Skills – written and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and conceptual abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work in stress related situations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to pass reliability/security check.
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion and to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate in the Cree language is an asset.
- A driver’s license is an asset.
- Credentials required: University/College degree in social work or related field (Please attach proof of the same.
Salary: $59,500.00 -$68,913.00
Duration: Permanent with 3 months probation
To apply: Submit cover letter, resume, and two (2) recent employment references with permission to contact, quoting competition #23-80.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Open until filled
Job Description: Available Upon Request
Applicants are asked to include copies of their educational qualifications along with their resume.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail or dropping off at main reception.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization, preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employer will be used solely for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.