Band Representative (3 Positions)
Job Location: Moose Factory, ON
The Band Representative will work with our Moose Cree First Nation Members that are involved with Child Welfare. This position entails advocating for our members and ensuring that the tools that they need to navigate within the provincial legislation are provided. The Band Representative will work closely with our members creating a plan of care for our families with services that they require. They will ensure that our members attain a lawyer when or if needed, explain customary care, and ensure that children’s rights are not violated with any service provider that care for them. The Band Representative will be the advocate for every member that is assigned to them with a plan that fits their needs. The Band Representative will attend court when assigned a file with court proceedings. This position will require travel. The goal of this position is to be the advocate for our children and our families, ensuring that they never lose their culture or identity. This position will work closely with agencies that are involved with our members, developing the prevention and intervention services, advocacy, and plans of care which will be overseen by the Band Representative Lead.
- Social Work Diploma, Bachelor of Social Work degree, a diploma or degree in a relevant field, or a combination of education and experience in a similar role.
- Experience working in a prevention or intervention role.
- Experience with case management.
- Experience in advocacy.
- General knowledge of prevention and intervention services.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of part 4 of the Child, Youth, and Family Services Act.
- Knowledge of the Ontario Provincial Legislation, and other provinces, in relation to child welfare.
- Must be able to travel unexpectedly.
- Must be able to work outside of our regular business hours when required.
- Understanding of Moose Cree First Nation’s culture and identity.
- Ability to speak Cree is an asset.
- G or G2 Driver’s License required.
- CPIC/Vulnerable Sector Screening will be required.
Salary: $75,016.50 – $95,023.50
Duration:Three (3) month term with the possibility of extension
To apply: Submit cover letter, resume, and two (2) recent employment references with permission to contact, quoting competition #24-06.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Monday, February 5, 2024 @ 11:59 p.m.
Job Description: Available Upon Request
Applicants are asked to include copies of their educational qualifications along with their resume.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail or dropping off at main reception.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization, preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employer will be used solely for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.