Fall NewsletterNovember 5, 2021
Possibility of Discoloured WaterNovember 29, 2021
Community update as to why there is a delay in installing the ice at the arena for this coming winter season.
Miro’s Refrigeration was in the community from Friday, November 15th to 22nd, 2021 to continue the work on the ice plant install.
Here is the scope of work required for replacing the system which has now been completed:
- Removing the existing chiller package and disposing of parts.
- Flushing the brine system and resupply with 60 bags of calcium
- Placement of new chiller package
- Wiring from existing controls to the new system (this was completed by Great North Electric).
- Repairing the condenser pipe from the existing outdoor condenser to the new chiller package and installing a new brine balance tank.
- Vacuuming and refilling the system with Freon (R404A)
- Refurbishing with new brine solution.
- Re-piping existing brine pipes from overhead to lower floor level (as per engineer’s recommendation).
- Start up, test run, educate and train staff for set up and maintenance including remote access, controls and trouble-shooting (both staff and manufacturer will have access to remote operations and controls).
We are currently having issues with both compressors shutting down due to low pressure. Miro’s Refrigeration will be returning to the community Monday November 29, 2021 along with a Technician from Berg Chilling Systems to remedy these issues.
We are unable to flood during this time and are hoping to proceed with flooding Tuesday November 30, 2021. Thank you for your patience.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call my cell at (705) 288-6183.
Raymond Butterfly Director of Facilities & Maintenance