Harvesters Subsidy Program
Reconnect with the land.
Moose Cree First Nation understands the importance of getting out on the land. It is a time to harvest traditional food and reconnect with nature. With this in mind, we are pleased to offer the Harvesters Subsidy Program every spring and fall harvesting season. This subsidy assists with costs of travelling to camp, but is not intended to cover other expenses.
Fall 2019 Applications
Applying for the harvesting subsidy is easy! You can now apply online. As in previous years, gas allocations will continue to be a reimbursement process, and receipts will be required for reimbursements.
Applications are due Friday, September 27, 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- One form of travel assistance will be allocated per applicant (air, train, or gas).
- Helicopter travel assistance will be limited to one-way travel only. The percentage of assistance will be determined after the application deadline date.
- If there is a change of camp destination, it is the applicant’s responsibility to contact the Harvesters Subsidy Program Coordinator before their departure date. This will allow enough time for changes to be made to the purchase order and avoid delays.
- To ensure purchase order amounts are correct, list all person(s) travelling by helicopter. No additions permitted after the application deadline date.
- Applicants applying for train travel assistance will be allocated travel to destination and return.
- Gas allocations will continue to be a reimbursement process and approved applicants will be allocated 93 litres. Please ensure your receipts have the cost per litre and total gas purchased on receipt(s) to prevent any reimbursement delays.
- To be eligible for elders helicopter assistance, the applicant must be 65 years of age or older.
For more information about the Harvesters Subsidy Program, or for application assistance, please contact:
Stan Loone, Harvesters Subsidy Program Coordinator
705-658-4619 ext. 315