Spring Harvesters Subsidy Program
Reconnect with the land.
Moose Cree First Nation understands the importance of getting out on the land. It is a time to harvest traditional food and reconnect with nature. With this in mind, we are pleased to offer the Harvesters Subsidy Program every spring and fall harvesting season. This subsidy assists with costs of travelling to camp, but is not intended to cover other expenses.
Spring 2020 Applications
Or apply by phone at 705-363-0698.
Applications are due Friday, April 3rd, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
Printed applications are not being accepted for the 2020 harvesting season.
Because of time restraints, we are unable to send confirmation letters for this season. Please contact the Interim Harvesters Support Program Coordinator by email at or by phone at 705-363-0698 if you do not receive an update on the status of your application by March 25th.
- Applicants requesting helicopter assistance will not qualify for train or gas assistance.
- All approved requests for helicopter assistance are provided at a 4-seater rate. Upgrades are at the expense of the applicant.
- Helicopter assistance for applicants ages 18 to 59 is provided at 75% of one-way flight.
- Elders ages 60 and older will receive a return airfare.
- Applicants not requesting helicopter assistance will qualify for both train and gas assistance.
- Train assistance is provided as a return fare for the applicant and dependent children ages 17 and under.
- Gas assistance will be provided as a reimbursement up to a maximum of 93 litres. In order to receive reimbursement, receipts must be submitted. Please ensure all your receipts have the date of purchase, cost per litre and total litres to avoid any delays. Receipts dated prior to implementation of the program will not be accepted. Program implementation is March 19th, 2020.
- Approved assistance is non-transferable.
- Screening of applications will be conducted to ensure adherence to program guidelines.
For more information about the Harvesters Subsidy Program, or for application assistance, please contact:
Harvesters Subsidy Program Coordinator
705-658-4619 ext. 315