GIS Technician II
Competition #24-14 (3rd Posting)
Job Location: Timmins, ON
Under the general supervision of the Director of Lands and Resources, the GIS Technician II is responsible for preparing and managing spatial data, spatial analysis, and development of cartographic products, reports, and other visuals. The primary nature of the work requires the application of principles of Geographic Information systems technology in support of the department’s support services, resource management strategies, and initiatives.
- Post-Secondary studies with specialization in geomatics, geography, cartography, or other discipline relevant to geomatics, or have an acceptable combination of education, training and experience in GIS and data management.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience utilizing ESRI ArcMap to generate maps, perform imagery and spatial analysis, digitize features, create, and maintain geodatabases.
- Thorough knowledge of cartographic standards, principles, and techniques.
- Working knowledge of current GIS software and related database systems and standard office software systems.
- Knowledge of First Nation land use and occupancy studies would be an asset.
- knowledge of the local Cree culture, community, and ability to speak Cree would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and succeed in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Willingness to travel and work overtime.
- Must provide a satisfactory CPIC or proof of application.
- Valid class G driver’s license is required.
Salary: As per funding $51,187.50 – $64,857.00
Duration: One-year term with the possibility of extension
To apply: Submit cover letter, resume, and two (2) recent employment references with permission to contact, quoting competition #24-14.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Open until filled
Job Description: Available Upon Request
Applicants are asked to include copies of their educational qualifications along with their resume.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail or dropping off at main reception.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization, preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employer will be used solely for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.