Director of Economic Development
Job Location: Moose Factory, ON
Under the general supervision of the Associate Executive Director, and the functional direction of the Moose Cree First Nation’s Economic Development Committee, oversee all sub-units within the Moose Cree First Nation Economic Development Program; direct and supervise the development, implementation of economic development projects, advocate, develop, organize, monitor, evaluate and direct a process in support of community economic development; assist in the preparation of funding applications and business plans; and perform other related duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economic Development, Business Administration, Commerce or Public Administration is preferred.
- Post-Secondary diploma in related field or a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the field of Economic Development.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a managerial role.
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Highly motivated, displaying both initiative and tact.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to maintain a high level of tact, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must provide a recent CPIC or proof of application.
- Copy of certification /diplomas to be submitted with resume.
Salary: As per salary grid
Duration: Permanent with 3 months probation
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact, quoting competition # 23-12.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Thursday, March 9th, 2023 @ 11:59 p.m.
Job Description: Available Upon Request
Applicants are asked to include copies of their educational qualifications along with their application.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail or dropping off at main reception.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization, preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employer will be used solely for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.