Competition #19-60 (2nd Posting)
Job Location: Moose Cree First Nation, Moose Factory, Ontario
Under the general supervision of the Director of Youth Services, the Youth Programmer (YP) is responsible for creating evening and weekend activities that engage the youth in 3 age categories (6-13, 14-18, 19-29). The YP is also the building supervisor when the Director is not present and is responsible for the general property, assets and security during closing.
The YP will create and schedule their activities on a monthly basis that cater to each age group and based on ideas gathered during any gathering, surveys or suggestions from the youth. Program guidelines and activities will follow the Youth Services Department Work Plan. Working in a team setting the YP’s will ensure all activities are implemented and supervised within the Youth Centre, the DDECS Gymnasium and or alternate location.
Partnering with community programs, organizations and volunteers, the YP’s will create activities that allow community members to share their skills and knowledge with youth participants (cultural, music, arts, photography, athletics, computers, etc.) The YP’s will coordinate special events for the youth of Moose Factory.
- College Diploma in Child and Youth Worker or related social science or relevant college program or Grade 12 with related work experience
- Knowledge of Aboriginal Culture and experience working with Aboriginal Peoples and particularly Aboriginal Youth.
- Excellent organizational skills, leadership skills, interpersonal skills & computer skills.
- Knowledge or experience working in a Youth Centre or recreation department.
- Understanding of Moose Cree First Nation community and services and the Mushkegowuk Peoples of James Bay.
- Standard First Aid and CPR ‘C’ Certificate or willingness to obtain
- Current WHMIS and Ministry of Labour Worker Health & Safety Awareness in 4 Steps or willingness to obtain
- Other related training considered an asset
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple projects.
- Able to work well in a team setting or under minimal supervision
- This is an evening and weekend position at 37.5 hours per week. (as scheduled by the Director of Youth Services).
- Provide a CPIC with Vulnerable Sector Screening at applicant’s expense or proof of application
Salary: As per salary grid Duration: Permanent with 6 months’ probation
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Tuesday, November 5th, 2019 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted*