Youth Programmer (3)
Job Location: Moose Factory, Ontario
Under the general supervision of the Director of Youth Services, the Youth Programmer (YP), Youth Programmer’s (YP’s) is/are responsible for creating evening and weekend activities that engage the youth in 3 age categories (6-13, 14-18, 19-29).
The YP’s is also the building supervisor and is responsible for the general property, assets, and security during closing.
The YP’s will create and schedule monthly activities that cater to each age group and based on ideas gathered during any gathering, surveys or suggestions from the youth. Program guidelines and activities will follow the Youth Services Department Work Plan. Working in a team setting the YP’s will ensure all activities are implemented and supervised within the Youth Centre and the DDECS Gymnasium.
Partnering with community programs, organizations, and volunteers, the YP’s will create activities that allow community members to share their skills and knowledge with youth participants (cultural, music, art, photography, athletics, computers, etc.). The YP’s will coordinate special events for the youth of Moose Factory. The YP’s will keep photos and records of all their activities to keep the social media updated and to produce reports, statistics, and newsletters about the programming.
This is an evening and weekend position at 37.5 hours per week. (It may alternate between Monday to Friday, Tuesday to Saturday or as scheduled by the Director of Youth Services)
- College Diploma in Child and Youth Worker or related social science or relevant college program or Grade 12 with related work experience.
- Knowledge of Aboriginal Culture and experience working with Aboriginal Peoples and particularly Aboriginal Youth.
- Excellent organizational Skills, leadership skills, interpersonal skills, and computer skills.
- Knowledge or experience working in a Youth Centre or recreation department.
- Understanding of Moose Cree First Nation community and services and the Mushkegowuk Peoples of James Bay.
- Standard First Aid and CPR ‘C’ Certificate or willingness to obtain.
- Current WHMIS and Ministry of Labour Worker Health and Safety Awareness in 4 Steps or willingness to obtain.
- Other related training considered an asset.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple projects.
- Able to work well in a team setting or under minimal supervision.
- Copies of certificates/diplomas/licenses to be submitted with resume.
Salary: $39,000.00 – $49,452.00
Duration: Permanent with 3-months probation
To apply: Submit cover letter, resume and two (2) recent employment references with permission to contact, quoting competition # 23-49.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Open until filled
Job Description: Available Upon Request
Applicants are asked to include copies of their educational qualifications along with their application.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing any accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that the required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employee will be used only for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.