Youth Centre Maintenance / Custodian Worker
Job Location: Moose Factory, ON
Under the general supervision of the Director of Youth Services the Maintenance/Custodian Worker shall provide custodian services and building maintenance at the John R Delaney Youth Center (JRDYC), the Delores D Echum Composite School (DDECS) gymnasium area and other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 Diploma or a combination of education and work experience.
- Work experience in the maintenance and custodian field is a definite asset.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be physically fit, ability to move heavy furniture, equipment and supplies.
- Standard First Aid and CPR ‘C’ Certificate or willingness to obtain.
- Current WHMIS and Ministry of Labour Worker Health and Safety Awareness in 4 Steps or willingness to obtain.
- Knowledge of health and safety practices in the workplace or willingness to receive training.
- Must be punctual and reliable.
- Provide a CPIC with Vulnerable Sector Screening at applicant’s expense or proof of application. CPIC with VSS must be submitted within one (1) month if you are a successful candidate.
- Must provide copy of diplomas or certificates with resume
Salary: As per salary grid
Duration: Permanent with three-months’ probation
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact, quoting competition # 22-55.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Open until filled
Job Description: Available Upon Request
Applicants are asked to include copies of their educational qualifications along with their application.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail or dropping off at main reception.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization, preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employer will be used solely for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.