Tourism Assistant Intern
Job Location: Moose Cree First Nation, Moose Factory, Ontario
(Workplace can be negotiated to anywhere in Northern Ontario Cochrane, Timmins & Kapuskasing)
Under the general supervision of the Tourism Officer, the Tourism Assistant Intern will assist in planning, organizing and performing activities pertaining to the Tourism Unit of the Moose Cree First Nation Economic Development program.
The Tourism Assistant Intern will assist the Tourism Department Staff in a variety of planning, market analysis, communications, budgeting and perform required duties to implement and facilitate tourism project as identified by the Economic Development Program and Committee. He or she will attend and represent the Moose Cree First Nation at meetings related to Tourism, moreover, the incumbent will work closely with the other staff members, organizations, businesses and individuals to facilitate and advocate the development of the tourism industry.
Qualifications, Abilities, and Characteristics:
- Completion of Post – Secondary school or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of office procedures and proven administrative skills.
- Must have experience in the related field.
- Must have good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Knowledge of computers would be an asset i.e. Windows Office
- Working knowledge of the Cree language would be an asset.
- Awareness of the Cree Culture would be an asset.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends when required.
Salary: As per funding agreement Duration: 52 weeks with the possibility of extension
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Friday, December 6th, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
Job Description: Available Upon Request. Any questions about the opportunity can be emailed to Stan Kapashesit, Director of Economic Development at
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted*