Job Location: Timmins or Cochrane, ON
The Services Navigator shall provide intake and referral services to incoming clients who are involved or at risk of becoming involved with a Children’s Aid Society. The incumbent shall assess clients and offer information about services that can be utilized both within and external to the organization. The Services navigator shall work in conjunction with other health and mental health professionals and organizations to create better linkages of support for their clients.
- University Degree or college diploma in social work required.
- In good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers required.
- 2+ years of experience working in the counselling field.
- Experience in front-line service delivery with First Nations.
- Experience in one-on-one and group counselling.
- Experience working within a First Nation is an asset, Moose Cree preferred.
- Excellent mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- Considerable knowledge of family dynamics.
- Excellent coordination and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act and Mental Health Act.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the culture in which they serve.
- Fluency in the Moose Cree Language is an asset.
- “G” Driver’s license required.
- Must provide a recent satisfactory C.P.I.C. or proof of application.
- Must provide copy of degrees/diplomas/certificates with resume and cover letter.
Salary: $69,556.50 – $88,120.50
Duration: Permanent with 3 months’ probation
To apply: Submit cover letter, resume and two (2) recent employment references with permission to contact, quoting competition #23-26.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Wednesday, May 24th, 2023 @ 11:59 p.m.
Job Description: Available Upon Request
Applicants are asked to include copies of their educational qualifications along with their application.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail or dropping off at main reception.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization, preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employer will be used solely for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.