Senior Director, Homeland Protection
Job Location: Moose Factory, Ontario OR Timmins, Ontario
The Senior Director will have primary responsibility for Intergovernmental Relations with the Crown in Right of Ontario and the Crown in Right of Canada and their respective delegated authorities with respect to contemplated, proposed and ongoing resource development projects located within the Moose Cree Homelands; and for Industrial Relations with resource development proponents with respect to proposed, ongoing and modified resource development projects located within the Moose Cree Homelands. The Senior Director will advance and protect Moose Cree jurisdiction over the air, water and land within, above and below the Homelands. The Senior Director will actively participate in the creation, execution, and achievement of departmental, organizational, and community-wide strategy and goals.
- University Degree in business related field (e.g., Business Administration, Economics, Law, etc.) OR University Degree in Environmental Studies with emphasis on Indigenous governance required
- Graduate degree in Business Administration, Environmental Studies or related field preferred
- Class “G” drivers’ license required
- Experience with economic impact agreements
- Strong knowledge of budgeting, finance, and related computer programs
- Excellent communication skills over various mediums
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and court decisions
- Strong management and supervisory skills
- Excellent problem finding and solving abilities
- Ability to maintain high level of tact, discretion, and confidentiality
- Strong negotiating, persuasion, and interpersonal skills
- High levels of integrity and ethics
- Strong judgment to make the right decisions
- Self-starter, active in seeking out new opportunities
- Focused on results and outcomes
- Lifelong learner and encourages others to train and self-develop
- Passionate about advancing Inherent and Treaty rights
- Accountable, takes ownership over actions and behaviours
- Open to new ideas and feedback from others
- Strong, effective communicator (written and orally)
Salary: As per salary grid Duration: Permanent with 3 months’ probation
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact, quoting competition # 21-41.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Friday, June 25th, 2021 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
As MCFN is an organization that primarily caters to the citizens of the MCFN, preference in hiring will be given firstly to the MCFN members, then to other First Nation members, and finally to the rest, in that order.
Those applying are requested to submit proof of their educational (photocopies) qualifications along with the job application.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail.