Resource Technician – Forestry
Job Location: Kapuskasing, Ontario
Under the general supervision of the Director of Lands and Resources, the Resource Technician – Forestry will support the Moose Cree First Nation (MCFN) Lands and Resources (LR) department in monitoring and managing resource development activities proposed or occurring within the MCFN Homeland. Primarily, the position will act as a liaison between MCFN and Forestry industry proponents and others on forestry matters including coordinating review of forestry operations under consideration by MCFN.
- Post-Secondary education in the natural sciences and/or technical forestry with a minimum of one (1) year of experience in a similar role. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience working with forest management practices including forest management planning.
- Familiarity of relevant legislation, policies and procedures applicable to the forest industry.
- Demonstrated communication and facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of the local Cree culture and ability to speak Cree would be a strong asset.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, research and evaluating skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office programs.
- Familiarity with GIS software would be an asset.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and in a team environment.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Valid class G driver’s license is compulsory.
Salary: As per salary grid / funding Duration: 8-Month Term with the possibility of extension
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact, quoting competition # 21-10.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Thursday, February 25, 2021 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail.