Competition #20-66 (3rd Posting)
Job Location: Moose Cree First Nation, Moose Factory, Ontario
Under the direction, guidance and supervision provided by the Community Health Coordinator, the Community Health Nurse is responsible for planning and delivering Community Health Programs, delivering immunization programs in accordance with the FNIHB Immunization Protocols and Ministry Standards. He or she is responsible maintaining a communicable disease program and delivering the following community health programs in accordance with the Community Health Service Policy and Procedure Manual, and FNIHB Nursing Manuals, (Preconception Health, Prenatal Health, Maternal Newborn, Infant and Preschool, School Health and Community Health Programs)
The Registered Nurse will deliver community health programs considering the physical, social, spiritual, mental, and environmental factors which influence individual, family, and the community.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with College of Nurses of Ontario and Registered Nurses Association of Ontario with Legal Assistance Program, yearly and thereafter.
- Broad knowledge of communicable disease control and community development procedures and practices including prevention, health promotion, and reporting responsibilities.
- Working knowledge of immunization protocols, and ability to successfully complete Provincial Immunization Certification.
- Adept assessment skills, working sensitivity and tactfully with clients in community-based nursing.
- Strong communicator with ability to develop productive and trusting relationships with co-workers, physicians, client, families, and community partners.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize, while adjusting to new or unexpected circumstances.
- Flexible, and problem-solving skills supported by the ability to facilitate and mediate any potential issues.
- Ability to operate independently and collaboratively, while making sound nursing practice decisions.
- Knowledge of research process; can critically read and utilize current health research in evidence-based practice.
- Can quickly and effectively identify community resources for clients and families.
- Experience and comfort with client care information systems and Windows applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position including the use of relevant equipment.
- Demonstrated skills in First Aid /CPR techniques.
- Available to work weekends and after hours as required.
- Must have a Valid Class “G” Driver’s License.
- The ability to speak and understand the Cree language is an asset.
- Must provide a recent satisfactory C.P.I.C or proof of application.
- Copy of certificates/diplomas to be submitted with resume.
- Perform any other related duties.
Salary: As per salary grid Duration: 1 Year Term
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Position open until filled Job Description: Available Upon Request
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail.