Registered Early Childhood Educator Worker
Job Location: Moose Factory, ON
RECE Worker is to improve the health/developmental prospects of children 0-6 years of age. The program includes pre-and post-natal screening and assessment, culturally based programs for children/families, services coordination and support for the service integration.
- Early Childhood Educator Diploma or willing to obtain
- Registered Early Childhood Educator with College of Early Childhood Educators.
- Knowledge of Indigenous culture, tradition and sensitive to the culture and needs of our First Nation Peoples.
- Able to speak Cree is an asset.
- Two Years’ experience/knowledge working with families and children 0-6 years old.
- First Aid Certificate/CPR Training or willing to obtain.
- Maintain strict confidentially.
- Have an excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness and the ability to work flexible hours, evenings, or weekends.
- Be highly motivated, with excellent organizational skills and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Have good computer skills/good organizational skills
- Works well with others/networks with agencies.
- Knowledge of community base programs.
- Able to submit monthly/reports.
- Absence of a criminal record, specifically crimes against children, as demonstrated by the completion of a CPIC.
- Credentials required: University degree/College diploma (please attach proof of the same)
Salary: As per salary grid
Duration: Permanent with three-months’ probation
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact, quoting competition # 22-60.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Until position is filled
Job Description: Available Upon Request
Applicants are asked to include copies of their educational qualifications along with their application.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail or dropping off at main reception.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization, preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employer will be used solely for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.