Radio DJ Trainee
Job Location: Moose Cree First Nation, Moose Factory, Ontario
Under the general supervision of the Radio DJ and Director of Youth Services, the Radio DJ Trainee shall be trained to perform spoken voice announcements, news, headlines, local weather reports, music playback and organize on-air contests and guest speakers.
Qualifications, Abilities, and Characteristics:
- Grade 12 Diploma or a combination of education and work experience.
- Must be a Moose Cree Member.
- Must be over the age of 18.
- Currently unemployed or underemployed.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills with the ability to communicate effectively with the general public.
- Knowledge or experience of computer applications such as Microsoft Office, Outlook and other computer functions or willingness to learn.
- Ability to read along and speak out loud comfortably in a public setting.
- Knowledge with audio and radio technology or willingness to learn.
- Standard First Aid and CPR ‘C’ Certificate or willingness to obtain.
- Current WHMIS and Ministry of Labour Worker Health & Safety Awareness in 4 Steps or willingness to obtain.
- Other related training considered an asset.
- Ability to communicate verbally and written in the Cree language is an asset.
- Ability to work well in a team setting or under minimal supervision.
- Provide a CPIC with Vulnerable Sector Screening at applicant’s expense or proof of application. CPIC with VSS must be submitted within one (1) month if you are the successful candidate
Salary: $16/hr. plus 4% Vacation Pay Duration: 26 Weeks
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Wednesday, February 12, 2020 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend to submit via E-mail or hand-in at Main Reception*