Quality Assurance Specialist
Job Location: Moose Factory, Timmins, or Cochrane, ON
This position will entail building the system with Moose Cree First Nations Child and Family Services Department. Stats and Administration will be needed to be completed monthly for our department and a report for our Chief and Council. The Child and Family Services Department uses the Pen Lieu system. This position will maintain the budget, spending, correcting of files. Other duties may be assigned at times as the Child and Family Department grows.
- Post-secondary diploma in business, health or social work field or quality; or a combination of relevant education and 2 year working experience in related field
- Degree in business, health, or social work or in a quality related field is preferred
- 2+ years working experience in related field
- Experience in quality assurance or quality related field
- Preference of working in some quality assurance systems such as ISO 9001, 6 Sigma, etc.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Child & Family Services Act, as well as policy, program, and evaluation processes.
- Strong knowledge of Quality systems and procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to establish priorities
- Strong writing and reporting skills
- Great research and analytical skills an asset
- Sharp attention to detail
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines on time and/or as directed
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft applications and functions. (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to speak Cree is an asset
- Class “G” or “G2” license is preferred
- Criminal record check including Vulnerable Sector clearance is required within 2 weeks of hire
Salary: As per salary grid Duration: Permanent with three-months’ probation
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact, quoting competition # 22-26.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Tuesday, June 14th, 2022 @ 11:59 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing any accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that the required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employee will be used only for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.