Job Location: Moose Cree First Nation, Moose Factory, Ontario
Moose Cree First Nation (MCFN) has initiated efforts to protect the North French River Watershed. To support current efforts, MCFN is seeking a Project Officer to provide leadership and coordination of project activities. Under the general supervision of the Director of Lands and Resources, the incumbent will work closely with project partners, consultants, and department staff to develop a protected areas strategy and to provide effective oversight of project deliverables.
- A degree, diploma or certificate in natural resource management environmental studies, or other discipline relevant to the position plus experience in land conservation, protected areas, resource management or other related fields. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated skills in project planning, overseeing implementation and evaluating progress, including work planning, financial management, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite; particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to understand constraints of resources, budgets and timelines, while remaining adaptable and flexible.
- Strong team leader and collaborator.
- Knowledge and proficiency with using Project Managements tools.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience preparing and delivering presentations.
- Knowledge of the local Cree culture.
- The ability to speak Cree would be a strong asset.
- Willingness to travel and work overtime.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Credentials required: University Degree/College Diploma (please attach proof of the same)
Salary: As per salary grid / negotiable Duration: As per funding, position term up to March 31st, 2021
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Friday, May 29th, 2020 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail or handing in at main reception.