Project Coordinator, Environmental
Job Location: Cochrane Ontario
Under the general supervision of the Director of Lands and Resources, the Project Coordinator will support the Moose Cree First Nation (MCFN) Lands and Resources department in monitoring and managing resource development activities proposed or occurring within the MCFN Homelands. The incumbent will assist in duties of managing various projects and coordinating Government and Industry referrals including participating in review of proposed activities and ensuring that all recommendations are aligned with any current and future MCFN land use interests and community practices, values and priorities. Additionally, the incumbent will contribute to the development of strategies, policies and procedures to support meaningful engagements and consideration of development proposals and activities.
- Post-Secondary education in Environmental Studies, Natural Resource Management, or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in environmental project planning and coordination.
- Familiar with current Ontario environmental legislation, regulations and guidelines related to resource development.
- Knowledge of Ontario and Canadian Environmental Assessment processes would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and succeed in a collaborative team environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of the local Cree culture and ability to speak Cree would be an asset.
- High level of organization, project management, research, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Willingness to travel and work overtime.
- Valid class G driver’s license is required.
- Credentials required: University degree/College diploma (please attach proof of the same)
Salary: As per funding Duration: One (1) year term with possibility of extension
To apply: Submit cover letter, resume, and two (2) recent employment references with permission to contact, quoting competition # 21-17.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Thursday, March 18th, 2021 @ 4:00 p.m.
Job Description: Available Upon Request
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail.