Job Location: Timmins, ON
Under the general supervision of the Land Use Plan Coordinator, the Planning Assistant is responsible for providing a variety of administrative and support services relating to development of the Community-based Land Use Plan.
- Post-secondary education in Planning, Geomatics, Geography or Environmental Studies or a related discipline preferred. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of Moose Cree traditional land use and harvesting activities would be an asset.
- Administrative and planning experience is an asset.
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be highly motivated and ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to take initiative and follow instructions.
- Good working knowledge of computers, peripherals, and Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate in the Cree language is an asset.
- Willing to work outside normal work hours as required.
- Copy of certificates/diplomas to accompany resume.
Salary: As per funding $25/hr. Duration: 1-year term with the possibility of extension
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact, quoting competition # 22-05.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Wednesday, January 26th, 2022 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
Those applying are requested to submit proof (photocopies) of their educational qualifications along with the job application.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing any accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that the required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employee will be used only for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.