Job Location: Moose Cree First Nation, Moose Factory, Ontario
Under the general supervisor of the Director of Administration & Communications and functional supervision of the Membership Officer, the Membership Clerk shall provide support services to the Membership Officer. The incumbent shall be responsible for preparing and issuing Certificates of Indian Status cards and related tasks in accordance with the Indian Registration Administrator’s manual; maintaining the membership filing system and preparing new files as required; providing documents and information to the Data Entry Clerk for inputting into the electronic data management system; assisting the Membership Officer with By-elections for elected Council; assisting Membership Officer in carrying out Ratification Voting; and providing services to Moose Cree First Nation members with the completion of various application forms and during the absence of the Membership Officer.
Qualifications, Abilities, and Characteristics:
- Successful completion of grade 12.
- Willingness to learn the Indian Registry System and the Election/Ratification Voting process.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to maintain strict confidentially.
- Good working knowledge of computer applications Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in the Cree language is an asset.
- A valid “G” driver’s license is an asset.
- Must provide a recent CPIC or proof of application.
- Copy of certificates/diplomas must be submitted with resume.
Salary: As per salary grid Duration: Permanent with 6 months’ probation
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted*