Job Location: Moose Cree First Nation, Moose Factory, Ontario
Under the general supervision of the Director of Housing, the Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for all maintenance and repair activities for the Moose Cree First Nation Housing Department. The Maintenance Supervisor ensures all operations are conducted in a respectful, timely and responsible manner, and all decisions and actions comply with the relevant policies, procedures, and legislation.
- A minimum three (3) year working in construction or maintenance field and/or First Nation housing or related sector.
- Knowledge of housing programs and building codes.
- Understanding and practical application of mechanical, plumbing, and electrical principles.
- Ability to estimate and control job costs.
- Knowledge and experience in financial management.
- Experience in supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate initiative, responsibility, and leadership.
- Strong planning, organizational and decision-making skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge and skills of computer application programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate in the Cree language is an asset.
- Valid Class “G” drivers license.
- Must submit a satisfactory C.P.I.C with resume.
- Copies of diplomas/licenses/certificates to be submitted with resume.
Salary: As per salary grid Duration: Permanent
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact, quoting competition # 21-28.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Thursday, May 13th, 2021 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail.