Jordan’s Principle & Proposal Writer
Job Location: Moose Factory, ON
The Jordan’s Principle & Proposal Writer shall meet with our Moose Cree families and help with submissions for Funding. At times this job may entail doing a large submission for the community of Moose Cree First Nation. Deadlines will be met and follow ups on a regular basis once the applications are submitted, appeals may be done if necessary. This position will be an outreach position with our members of Moose Cree First Nation. This position will work with all Moose Cree Members with education, health, and social issues.
- Post-secondary diploma in business, health, or social work field; or a combination of relevant education and 1 year working experience in related field required.
- Degree in business health or social work preferred.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Child & Family Services Act, as well as policy program and evaluation processes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish priorities.
- Strong writing and reporting skills.
- Great research and analytical skills an asset.
- Sharp attention to detail.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines on time and/or as directed.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft applications and functions. (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to speak Cree is an asset.
- 1+ years’ experience in a related role.
- Experience navigating various service agencies and creating service coordination networks.
- Experience in proposal writing.
- G or G2 Drivers’ License.
- Criminal record check including Vulnerable Sector clearance.
Salary: As per salary grid
Duration: Permanent with 3 months probation
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact, quoting competition # 23-04.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Tuesday, January 31st, 2023 @ 11:59 p.m.
Job Description: Available Upon Request
Applicants are asked to include copies of their educational qualifications along with their application.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail or dropping off at main reception.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization, preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employer will be used solely for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.