Intake & Referral Worker
Job Location: Moose Cree First Nation, Moose Factory, Ontario
Reporting to the Health & Wellness Coordinator, the Intake & Referral Worker provides a variety of appropriate services; Intake information and referrals services to service users within the mandate of the health & wellness clinical unit and land based-program. You will work closely with the land-based coordinator and will be responsible for receiving, assessing and responding to community inquiries of youth, adults, and families.
- BSW, Social Work/Child and Youth Worker Diploma, however candidates with other suitable/related diplomas and work experience shall be considered.
- General knowledge of Intake, assessment & referral, functions, practices, and processes.
- Good knowledge of local and external community resources/services.
- Good knowledge and work experience in the area of addictions.
- Strong customer service focus and ability to maintain professional demeanor when handling crisis calls.
- Efficiency with information-gathering, and problem solving to facilitate resolution of client inquiries.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent computer skills Microsoft suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint).
- Excellent communications skills both written and presentation.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain constructive relationships with clients and co-workers.
- Ability to maintain confidentially grounded in the values, ethics and philosophy of social work practice.
- Highly motivated, methodical, flexible, ability to work under minimal supervision and in a highly paced teamwork environment.
- Proficient at resolving issues and mitigating risks.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the cultural environment in which they serve.
- Fluency in the Moose Cree language is an asset.
- Must have a valid Class “G” driver’s license.
- The applicant must provide a CPIC with vulnerable sector as his/her own expense.
Salary: As per salary grid Duration: Term position up to March 2021
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Wednesday, August 21, 2019 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted*