Intake & Referral Worker
Job Location: Moose Factory, ON
Reporting to the Home & Wellness Coordinator, the Intake & Referral Worker provides a variety of appropriate services; Intake information and referral services to service users within the mandate of the health and wellness clinical unit land-based program. You will work closely with the land-based coordinator and will be responsible for receiving, assessing and responding to community inquiries of youth, adults, and families.
- BSW, Social Work/Child and Youth Worker Diploma, however candidates with other suitable/related diplomas and work experience shall be considered.
- General knowledge of Intake, assessment & referral, functions, practices, and processes.
- Good knowledge of local and external community resources/services.
- Good knowledge and work experience in the area of addictions.
- Strong customer service focus and ability to maintain professional demeanor when handing crisis calls.
- Efficiency with information-gathering, and problem solving to facilitate resolution of client inquiries.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent computer skills Microsoft suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication skills both written and presentation.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain constructive relationships with clients and co-workers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality grounded in the values, ethics, and philosophy of social work practice.
- Highly motivated, methodical, flexible, ability to work under minimal supervision and in a highly paced teamwork environment.
- Proficient at resolving issues and mitigating risks.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the cultural environment in which they serve.
- Fluency in the Moose Cree language is as asset.
- Must possess a valid Class “G” driver’s license.
- The applicant must provide a CPIC with vulnerable person sector at his/her own expense.
Salary: $60,001.50 – $76,011.00
Duration: Permanent with 3 months probation
To apply: Submit cover letter, resume, and two (2) recent employment references with permission to contact, quoting competition #23-67
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Tuesday, September 26th, 2023 @ 11:59 p.m.
Job Description: Available Upon Request
Applicants are asked to include copies of their educational qualifications along with their resume.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail or dropping off at main reception.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization, preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employer will be used solely for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.