Human Resources Associate
Job Location: Moose Cree First Nation, Moose Factory, Ontario
The Human Resources Associate shall perform a variety of human resources related functions including but not limited to, benefits and pension plan administration, recruitment, selection and retention of employees, health and safety program administration, and human resources related project work for the benefit of Moose Cree First Nation. The Human Resources Associate will be an important member of the human resources team at MCFN and will be expected to participate as such. They will also perform other duties as required.
- Some Business Administration or HR Post-Secondary preferred
- Certified Human Resources Professional designation in progress or willingness to obtain
- 1-3 years in a human resources or related role
- Experience working with a First Nation is an asset
- General knowledge of business, HR and payroll functions, practices, and processes
- Payroll knowledge is preferred
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Experience with the Microsoft suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and/or HRIS is preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Ability to speak Cree is an asset
- G or G2 Driver’s License is required
Salary: As per salary grid / negotiable Duration: Term up to December 31, 2022
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact, quoting competition # 21-65.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Thursday, November 11, 2021 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
Those applying are requested to submit proof (photocopies) of their educational qualifications along with the job application.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing any accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that the required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employee will be used only for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.