Human Resources Associate III
Job Location: Moose Factory, ON
The Human Resources Associate shall perform a variety of human resources related functions including but not limited to, benefit and pension plan, administration, recruitment, selection and retention of employees, training and development program administration, human resources related project work for the benefit of Moose Cree First Nation. The HRA will be an important member of the HR team at MCFN and will be expected to participate as such. They will also perform other duties as required.
- Some Business Administration or HR Post-Secondary; Certified Human Resources Professional Designation in progress or willing to obtain preferred.
- General knowledge of Business, HR, and Payroll functions, practices, and processes.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Experience with the Microsoft suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and/or HRIS is preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Ability to speak Cree is an asset.
- 1-3 years in a Human Resources or related role.
- Experience in working with a First Nation is an asset.
- G or G2 Driver’s License preferred.
- Provide copies of certificates, diplomas/degrees along with submitted resume
- Criminal record check is required prior to hiring
Salary: As per salary grid / Negotiable
Duration: Permanent with 3 months probation
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact, quoting competition # 22-66.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Tuesday, November 22nd, 2022 @ 11:59 p.m.
Job Description: Available Upon Request
Applicants are asked to include copies of their educational qualifications along with their application.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail or dropping off at main reception.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization, preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employer will be used solely for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.