Home Care Coordinator
Job Location: Moose Cree First Nation, Moose Factory, Ontario
Under the general supervision of the Director of Health Services, the Home Care Coordinator shall provide co-ordination, development, implementation, and supervision of the Home Care Program. This involves the direct supervision of home visiting nurses, personal support workers, home makers and community support workers under the Home Care program, as well as the Medical Transportation Program and the Personal Support Lead.
He/she will work collaboratively and coordinate the delivery of multi-disciplinary health services within the community for clients in the homecare program. The home care coordinator will guide and enable the department to meet its goals in the provision of high quality, client, and family centred home health care. The home care coordinator shall ensure that all program and funding guidelines, MCFN Health Services/MCFN’s policies and procedures are being followed, as well as performing periodic evaluations and recommending changes to enhance program and service delivery.
- Registered Nurse with a diploma or B.Sc. Nursing
- Current registration with College of Nurses of Ontario (This is mandatory)
- Current membership with Registered Nurses Association of Ontario and Legal Assistance Program.
- Certification in Venipuncture within one month of hiring.
- Preferably three (3) years related experience in a management or supervisory setting.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and within a teamwork setting. Decision and problem-solving skills are required. Knowledge of conflict resolution.
- Previous experience working with the elderly and physically challenged individuals. Client assessment and palliative care.
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of developing policies, proposal writing and leadership.
- Adequate knowledge of health services delivery, community health and nursing care management.
- Knowledge of the Mustimuhw cEMR (community electronic medical records) database or willing to learn.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Experience working with Federal/Provincial governments and Aboriginal Agencies.
- The ability to speak and understand the Cree language is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience working with computers, mainly Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the cultural environment in which they serve.
- Knowledge of health conditions prevalent in our community.
- Must provide a recent satisfactory C.P.I.C or proof of application.
- Must provide copy of degrees/diplomas/certificates with resume.
- Class “G” driver’s license would be an asset.
Salary: As per salary grid Duration: Permanent with 3 months’ probation
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Wednesday, December 23rd, 2020 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail.