Healthy Babies/Healthy Children Worker
Job Location: Moose Factory, ON
Under the direction of the Community Health Coordinator of the Moose Factory Health Centre, the Healthy Babies/Healthy Children Worker will be responsible for providing support to parents/caregivers during the prenatal period and extending up to their child’s sixth birthday. The incumbent will provide families with knowledge and support to enhance the family’s ability to provide a nurturing home environment. The Healthy Babies/Healthy Children Worker will work with families to build on their existing strengths and empower them to make their own decisions while remaining non-judgmental and respecting the values and beliefs of the family. The incumbent will deliver parent, caregiver, and child education through individual and group work. They will also establish and maintain working relations with area providers and community members.
- Early Childhood Educator Diploma or willing to obtain from an accredited college
- Previous experience working with families and children
- Previous experience facilitating/teaching groups
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to submit reports both financial and written
- Good organizational skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and other skills that engage families and their children to seek services and participate in program activities
- Possess good computer skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Valid Infant and Child CPR Certificate (or must acquire within a specific time period)
- Class “G” driver’s license is an asset
- Must provide a CPIC with a resume at the applicant’s own expense
- Willingness to attend a training session applicable to this position
- Willingness to work outside normal business hours, when required or directed
- Provide copies of certificates/diplomas to accompany your resume
Salary: As per salary grid Duration: Permanent with three-months’ probation
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact, quoting competition # 22-28.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Wednesday, June 15th, 2022 @ 11:59 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing any accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that the required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employee will be used only for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.