Health and Wellness Coordinator
Competition #20-53 (2nd Posting)
Job Location: Moose Cree First Nation, Moose Factory, Ontario
The Health and Wellness Coordinator is responsible for community mental health programs for the Moose Cree First Nation community. The Health & Wellness Coordinator will provide direction and supervision to the team in the Health and Wellness department. The Health and Wellness Coordinator will implement integrated service delivery to improve the overall mental health status of the community.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Health, the Health and Wellness coordinator will be responsible in the development, coordination and administration of community and mental health programs and services. As well as promotion and coordination of outreach services for health & wellness of the membership. In addition, implement strategies to address a wide range of social and mental health issues in the community. He/she shall effectively assist in leading and managing the operational systems and strategy of Moose Cree First Nation in matters relating to Health and Wellness of the community and ensure in the improvement of the services provided to the community, continually.
- University Degree in a Health or Social related field. (Social Work or Health Administration).
- Knowledge of Moose Cree land based and traditional practices, counselling theories, community outreach and health care standards.
- Knowledge of budgets, finance, and Health Canada- Indigenous Services Canada policies, Ministry of Health policies or a willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of health and safety standards, MCFN policies and other relevant legislation.
- Excellent management skills, organizational, demonstrated leadership and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to maintain constructive relationships with team members & membership, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of computers, ACCPAC/SAGE, and Microsoft Office.
- Highly motivated and the ability to work under minimal supervision in a highly paced teamwork environment and is proficient at resolving issues and mitigating risks.
- Proven excellent communication, and facilitation skills to coordinate and manage team dynamics.
- Have knowledge of applicable legislative acts in mental health, child welfare and social services.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the cultural environment in which they serve.
- Fluency in the Moose Cree language is an asset.
- Class “G” driver’s license would be an asset.
- The applicant must provide a CPIC at his/her own expense.
- Credentials required: University Degree in health or social related field. (Please attach proof of the same)
Salary: As per salary grid Duration: Permanent with 3 months’ probation
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Thursday, November 5th, 2020 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail.