Health and Wellness Coordinator
Competition #21-16 (4thPosting)
Job Location: Moose Cree First Nation, Moose Factory, Ontario
The Health and Wellness Coordinator is responsible for community mental health programs for the Moose Cree First Nation community. He/She will provide direction and supervision to the team in the Health and Wellness department. The incumbent will implement integrated service delivery to improve the overall mental health of the community.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Health, the Health and Wellness Coordinator will be responsible in the development, coordination and administration of community and mental health services. In addition, implement strategies to address a wide range of social and mental health issues in the community. He/she shall effectively assist in leading and managing matters relating to the health and wellness of the community.
- University Degree in a social work or related field, or a combination of a college diploma in the social work field with 3 years of experience working in the field of social work.
- Knowledge of Moose Cree land based and traditional practices, counselling theories, and community outreach.
- Knowledge of budgets and finance or willing to learn.
- Knowledge of health and safety standards, MCFN policies and other relevant legislation.
- Excellent organizational skills demonstrated leadership and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of computers, ACCPAC/SAGE, and Microsoft Office.
- Highly motivated and the ability to work under minimal supervision in a highly paced teamwork environment and is proficient at resolving issues and mitigating risks.
- Proven facilitation skills to coordinate and manage team meetings.
- Have knowledge of applicable legislative acts in mental health, child welfare and social services.
- Fluency in the Moose Cree language is an asset.
- Class “G” driver’s license would be an asset.
- The applicant must provide a CPIC at his/her own expense.
- Must provide copy of degrees/diplomas/certificates with resume.
Salary: As per salary grid Duration: Permanent with 3 months’ probation
To apply: Submit cover letter, resume and two (2) recent employment references with permission to contact, quoting competition # 21-16
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Position open until filled Job Description: Available Upon Request
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail.