Health and Safety Coordinator
Competition #21-44 (2nd Posting)
Job Location: Moose Cree First Nation, Moose Factory, Ontario
The purpose of this position is to administer the Health & Safety Program for the Moose Cree First Nation by providing best practices with a proactive vision. This position is responsible in ensuring effective and efficient services are delivered to employees of the MCFN. He/She works with the Joint Health Safety Committee, submits reports to the Human Resources Director, is involved in the development and completion of Health & Safety policies and procedures and works closely with Senior Management to ensure the organization’s health & safety goals and objectives are met. The position is offered on a 1-year term basis and is expected to extend to a maximum period of 3 years subject to budget availability. The duties and responsibilities assigned to this role are outlined below:
- University degree or College diploma in a business management field or working and or towards a professional designation in Safety.
- Minimum of one to three (1-3) years work experience in a health & safety field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Initiative, tact, discretion and a high degree of interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated training and presentation skills.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Legislation.
- Experience working with Joint Health Safety Committees.
- Knowledge and work experience with funding agencies, native organizations, and associations.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Ability to communicate in the Cree language is an asset.
- Must have or willing to obtain Joint Health & Safety Part 1 & Part 2.
- Must have or willing to obtain an OH&S certification.
- Must have or willing to obtain a Standard First Aid with CPR C + AED.
- Must provide a recent satisfactory C.P.I.C or proof of application.
- A Valid Class G Driver’s License.
- Must provide a copy of Degree/Diploma(s) with Resume/Cover letter with two (2) references with permission to contact along with any applicable certificates.
Salary: $30/hr. Duration: 1 year term with possibility of extension
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact, quoting competition # 21-44.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Monday, August 2, 2021 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
Those applying are requested to submit proof of their educational (photocopies) qualifications along with the job application.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing any accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that the required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employee will be used only for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.