Health and Safety Coordinator
Job Location: Moose Cree First Nation, Moose Factory, Ontario
The purpose of this position is to administer the Health & Safety Program for the Moose Cree First Nation by providing best practices with a proactive vision. This position is responsible in ensuring effective and efficient services are delivered to employees of the MCFN. He/She works with the Joint Health Safety Committee, submits reports to the Human Resources Director, is involved in the development and completion of Health & Safety policies and procedures and works closely with Senior Management to ensure the organization’s health & safety goals and objectives are met. The position is offered on a 1-year term basis and is expected to extend to a maximum period of 3 years subject to budget availability. The duties and responsibilities assigned to this role are outlined below:
- University degree or College diploma in a business management field or working and or towards a professional designation in Safety.
- Minimum of one to three (1-3) years’ work experience in a health & safety field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Initiative, tact, discretion and a high degree of interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated training and presentation skills.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Legislation.
- Experience working with Joint Health Safety Committees.
- Knowledge and work experience with funding agencies, native organizations and associations.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Ability to communicate in the Cree language is an asset.
- Must have or willing to obtain Joint Health & Safety Part 1 & Part 2.
- Must have or willing to obtain an OH&S certification.
- Must have or willing to obtain a Standard First Aid with CPR C + AED.
- Must provide a recent satisfactory C.P.I.C or proof of application.
- A Valid Class G Driver’s License.
- Must provide a copy of Degree/Diploma(s) with Resume/Cover letter with two (2) references with permission to contact along with any applicable certificates.
Salary: $30/hr. Duration: 1 year term with possibility of extension
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact, quoting competition # 21-18.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Wednesday, March 24, 2021 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail.