Gathering of Our People Assistant Coordinator
Job Location: Moose Factory, ON
Under the general supervision of the Director of Language and Cultural Programs, the Assistant Coordinator shall be responsible for the planning and coordination of the 2022 Gathering of Our People event. He/she will coordinate and implement tasks and activities as directed by the planning team. The Assistant Coordinator will conduct regular planning meetings, act on direction given by the supervisor and the planning team, provide regular reports, seek sponsors and work within the financial parameters. The Assistant Coordinator will work with the Director of Language and Cultural Programs, and both will play a key role in achieving the purposes and objectives of the 2022 Gathering of Our People event.
- Experience working with youth and cultural events.
- Experience in coordinating major events.
- Must be reliable, outgoing, and willing to learn new things.
- Must be highly motivated with good personal, verbal, and written skills with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Must possess working knowledge of computer applications (MSWord, Excel and Outlook, Publisher)
- Knowledge and experience with proposal writing.
- Excellent planning and coordination skills.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and leadership qualities.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and within a team framework.
- Must maintain confidentiality at work and in the community.
- Must be able to provide a copy of most recent CPIC within one month of hire.
- Class “G” driver’s license would be an asset.
Salary: As per funding Duration: Term (June 1st – August 31, 2022)
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact, quoting competition # 22-18.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Thursday, May 19th, 2022 @ 11:59 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing any accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that the required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employee will be used only for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.