Forestry Stewardship Coordinator
Job Location: Kapuskasing, Ontario
Under the general supervision of the Director of Lands and Resources, the Forest Stewardship Coordinator will support the Moose Cree First Nation (MCFN) Lands and Resources department in monitoring and managing resource development activities proposed or occurring within the MCFN Homelands. Primarily, the position will act as a liaison between MCFN and Forestry industry proponents and others on forestry matters including coordinating review of forestry operations under consideration by MCFN.
- Post-Secondary education in the natural sciences and/or technical forestry with a minimum of one (1) year of experience in a similar role. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Familiar with forest management practices including forest management planning.
- Familiarity of relevant legislation, policies and procedures applicable to the forest industry.
- Demonstrated communication and facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of the local Cree culture, community and ability to speak Cree would be an asset.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, research and evaluating skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office programs.
- Familiarity with GIS software would be an asset.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and in a team environment.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Valid class G driver’s license is required.
Salary: As per salary grid Duration: 8-Month Term with the possibility of extension
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact, quoting competition # 21-42.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Friday, July 9th, 2021 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
As MCFN is an organization that primarily caters to the citizens of the MCFN, preference in hiring will be given firstly to the MCFN members, then to other First Nation members, and finally to the rest, in that order.
Those applying are requested to submit proof of their educational (photocopies) qualifications along with the job application.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail.