Job Location: Kapuskasing or Timmins, ON
Under the general supervision of the Director of Lands and Resources, the Forestry Coordinator will support the Moose Cree First Nation (MCFN) Lands and Resources department in monitoring and managing resource development activities proposed or occurring within the MCFN Homelands. Primarily, the position will act as a liaison between MCFN and Forestry industry proponents and others on forestry matters including coordinating review and monitoring of forestry operations proposed or occurring within MCFN homelands. Additionally, the incumbent will contribute to the development of strategies, policies, and procedures to support meaningful engagements and adequate consideration of development proposals and activities.
- Post-Secondary education in the natural sciences and/or technical forestry would be an asset. A minimum of one year of experience in a similar role is preferred. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered
- Familiarity with forest management planning and relevant provincial legislation, policies, and procedures would be an asset
- Knowledge of the local Cree culture, community, and ability to speak Cree would be an asset
- Working knowledge of MS Office programs
- High level of organization and project management skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Familiar with GIS software would be an asset
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and in a team environment
- Must be willing to travel
- Valid class G driver’s license is required
- Provide copies of certificates, diplomas/degrees along with submitted resume
- Criminal record check is required prior to hiring
Salary: As per salary grid
Duration: One-Year term with the possibility of extension
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact, quoting competition # 22-64.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Tuesday, November 22nd, 2022 @ 11:59 p.m.
Job Description: Available Upon Request
Applicants are asked to include copies of their educational qualifications along with their application.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail or dropping off at main reception.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization, preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employer will be used solely for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.