Forest Stewardship Coordinator
Job Location: Kapuskasing, Ontario, Timmins, Ontario, or Cochrane, Ontario
Under the general supervision of the Director of Lands and Resources, the Forest Stewardship Coordinator will support the Moose Cree First Nation (MCFN) Lands and Resources department in monitoring and managing resource development activities proposed or occurring within the MCFN Homelands. Primarily, the position will act as a liaison between MCFN and Forestry industry proponents and others on forestry matters including coordinating review of forestry operations under consideration by MCFN. Additionally, the incumbent will contribute to the development of strategies, policies and procedures to support meaningful engagements and consideration of development proposals and activities.
- Post-Secondary education in the natural sciences and/or technical forestry with a minimum of one (1) year of experience in a similar role. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Familiar with forest management practices including forest management planning.
- Familiarity of relevant legislation, policies and procedures applicable to the forest industry.
- Demonstrated communication and facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of the local Cree culture, community and ability to speak Cree would be an asset.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, research and evaluating skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office programs.
- Familiarity with GIS software would be an asset.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and in a team environment.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Valid class G driver’s license is required.
Salary: As per salary grid Duration: 8-Month Term with the possibility of extension
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact, quoting competition # 21-54.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Wednesday, September 22nd, 2021 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail
As MCFN is a First Nation organization preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing any accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that the required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employee will be used only for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.