Family Well-Being Worker
Job Location: Moose Cree First Nation, Moose Factory, Ontario
Under the general supervision of the Health & Wellness Coordinator, the Family Well-Being Worker will work closely with families to improve their overall wellness. In taking a prevention focused approach, the worker will effectively coordinate and facilitate culturally appropriate programming and activities, with an emphasis on land-based programming, and with the goal of promoting healthy family lifestyles.
- A degree/diploma/certificate in health, education or social services would be an asset
- Previous experience in dealing with family well-being and providing support and healing programs
- Computer skills i.e., Word, Excel, Power Point
- Highly organized with ability to effectively coordinate and organize community programs, services, and activities
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills
- Ability to exercise good judgement, show initiative and be proactive
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information
- Must have a Class “G” Driver’s License
- Ability to communicate in the Moose Cree language would be an asset
Salary: As per salary grid Duration: Permanent with 3-months probation
To apply: Submit cover letter, resume, and two (2) recent employment references with permission to contact, quoting competition # 21-57.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Tuesday, October 5th, 2021 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing any accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that the required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employee will be used only for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.